Legal proceedings

FILE - In this May 24, 2019 file photo, chef Mario Batali departs after pleading not guilty, at municipal court in Boston, to an allegation that he forcibly kissed and groped a woman at a Boston restaurant in 2017. A hearing is scheduled, Friday, Aug. 30, 2019 in the indecent assault and battery case against Mario Batali. (AP Photo/Josh Reynolds, File)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 30, 2019 - 4:29 pm
BOSTON (AP) — A hearing has been held in the indecent assault and battery case against celebrity chef Mario Batali. A spokeswoman for Suffolk District Attorney Rachael Rollins said Batali didn't attend Friday's hearing at Boston Municipal Court and wasn't required to. She also said no trial date...
Read More
Rapper Meek Mill gestures at the crowd outside the Criminal Justice Center in Center City Philadelphia on Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019. Mill pleaded guilty to a 2007 misdemeanor gun charge and won't serve additional time in prison after reaching a plea agreement in a case that's kept him on probation for most of his adult life. (Jessica Griffin/The Philadelphia Inquirer via AP)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 27, 2019 - 3:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Rapper Meek Mill pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge Tuesday in a deal that resolves a 2007 arrest that has kept him on probation or in prison for most of his adult life. The negotiated plea comes after an appeals court threw out his conviction last month over doubts...
Read More
Judge Thad Balkman arrives to give his decision in the Opioid Lawsuit in Norman, Okla., Monday, Aug. 26, 2019. Balkman found Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiaries helped fuel the state's opioid drug crisis and ordered the consumer products giant to pay $572 million to help abate the problem in the coming years. (AP Photo/Sue Ogrocki, Pool)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 27, 2019 - 2:06 am
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma judge on Monday found Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiaries helped fuel the state's opioid crisis and ordered the consumer products giant to pay $572 million, more than twice the amount another drug manufacturer agreed to pay in a settlement. Cleveland County...
Read More
In this undated photo provided by the Essex Co. Prosecutor's Office shows Robert Williams, 53, of Newark. Williams is facing multiple charges after police found mummified remains in a closet in his home. Williams is due for an initial court appearance on Friday, Aug. 23, 2019. He's charged with multiple crimes including aggravated sexual assault, child endangerment and desecration of human remains. (Essex Co. Prosecuters Office via AP)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 26, 2019 - 5:11 pm
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Prosecutors called a New Jersey man "dangerous to society" after pieces of a human body were found in his closet, including a head, part of an arm, and a torso dressed in a necktie and suit jacket. Robert Williams, of Newark, pleaded not guilty Monday to desecrating human...
Read More
Harvey Weinstein leaves court, Monday, Aug. 26, 2019 in New York. Weinstein's lawyers want the trial moved from New York City to Long Island or upstate New York - part of the last-minute wrangling that includes efforts by prosecutors to bolster their case with testimony from actress Annabella Sciorra, who says Weinstein raped her in the 1990s. Weinstein has denied all accusations of non-consensual sex. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 26, 2019 - 12:28 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein pleaded not guilty to a new indictment Monday that includes revised charges of predatory sexual assault, a development that caused the judge to delay the start of his trial until early next year. The change to the case was intended to open the door for...
Read More
FILE - In this March 26, 2019, file photo, actor Jussie Smollett smiles and waves to supporters before leaving Cook County Court after his charges were dropped in Chicago. An Illinois judge seems close to appointing a special prosecutor to look into why state prosecutors abruptly dropped charges against Smollett accusing him of staging a racist, anti-gay attack against himself. A hearing Friday, Aug. 23 will be one of the first opportunities for Judge Michael Toomin to name someone since his surprise ruling in June that a special prosecutor was warranted. Among the options available to a special prosecutor would be to restore charges against Smollett. (AP Photo/Paul Beaty, File)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 23, 2019 - 12:25 am
CHICAGO (AP) — An Illinois judge seems close to appointing a special prosecutor to look into why state prosecutors abruptly dropped charges against actor Jussie Smollett accusing him of staging a racist, anti-gay attack against himself. A hearing Friday will be one of the first opportunities for...
Read More
Barry Singer, left, David Bressler, center, and Jay Goldberg, right, who say they were sexually abused while they were students at Marsha Stern Talmudical Academy (MTA)—also known as Yeshiva University High School for Boys in Manhattan, hold a press conference, Thursday Aug. 22, 2019, in New York. They are among 38 former students in a lawsuit alleging sexual abuse by two rabbis: George Finkelstein, a long-time MTA principal, and Macy Gordon, a long-time MTA Judaic Studies teacher. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 22, 2019 - 5:47 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Thirty-eight former students of an Orthodox Jewish school in New York City operated by Yeshiva University sued Thursday over claims they were molested by two prominent rabbis in the 1960s, '70s and '80s. The suit alleged the university failed to protect students at Yeshiva...
Read More
FILE - This March 28, 2017, file photo, provided by the New York State Sex Offender Registry, shows Jeffrey Epstein. The will that Epstein signed just two days before his jailhouse suicide on Aug. 10, 2019, puts more than $577 million in assets in a trust fund that could make it more difficult for his dozens of accusers to collect damages. (New York State Sex Offender Registry via AP, File)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 22, 2019 - 10:54 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — The will that Jeffrey Epstein signed just two days before his jailhouse suicide puts more than $577 million in assets into a trust fund that could make it more difficult for his dozens of accusers to collect damages. Estate lawyers and other experts say prying open the...
Read More
Danish golfer and Ryder Cup winner Thorbjorn Olesen, left, arrives with an unidentified woman at Uxbridge Magistrates court in London, Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019, after being charged with sexual assault, being drunk on an aircraft and common assault. Olesen was arrested on 29 July after returning from the WGC St Jude Invitational on a flight from Nashville to London. Police were waiting for the 29-year-old when the aircraft landed at Heathrow.(AP Photo/Alastair Grant)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 21, 2019 - 12:56 pm
UXBRIDGE, England (AP) — Danish golfer Thorbjorn Olesen is to face trial after being charged with sexual assault and being drunk on an aircraft. The 29-year-old Olesen indicated he would plead not guilty to the offenses when he made a brief appearance at a magistrates' court in Uxbridge, west of...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 11, 2018, file photo, Harvey Weinstein enters State Supreme Court in New York. Weinstein’s lawyers want the trial over the sexual assault case against the disgraced movie mogul moved from New York City to Long Island or upstate New York because of a blizzard of pretrial publicity. An appeals court could rule on the request as early as Monday, Aug. 26, 2019. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan, File)
1010 WINS Newsroom
August 20, 2019 - 9:18 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — A lawyer for Harvey Weinstein has asked that the disgraced movie mogul's upcoming criminal trial be moved out of New York City, saying he can't get a fair trial. In a longshot motion filed with the New York State appellate court on Friday, attorney Arthur Aidala suggested the trial...
Read More

Pages