Las Vegas mass shooting

August 16, 2018 - 9:42 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Attorneys for a group of victims of the Las Vegas mass shooting harshly criticized MGM Resorts International this week over its legal maneuver seeking to consolidate multiple lawsuits stemming from the massacre. The victims' attorneys in court documents filed Tuesday say the casino...
Read More
Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo speaks at a news conference Friday, Aug. 3, 2018, in Las Vegas. Lombardo spoke about the final report on the Oct. 1, 2017 shooting that became the deadliest in modern U.S. history. (AP Photo/John Locher)
August 03, 2018 - 7:35 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — In the months before unleashing a hail of bullets into a Las Vegas concert crowd, Stephen Paddock burned through more than $1.5 million, became obsessed with guns and increasingly unstable, and distanced himself from his girlfriend and family, according to an investigative report...
Read More
File - In this Oct. 4, 2017 file photo, Aaron Rouse, special agent in charge of the Las Vegas Division of the FBI, responds to a question during a media briefing at Metro Police headquarters in Las Vegas. The top FBI agent in Nevada says it'll be after Oct. 1 before he can make public a report about the shooting last year that killed 58 people and injured hundreds on the Las Vegas Strip. Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse told KNPR radio in Las Vegas that he doesn't expect investigators will be able to pinpoint a motive behind what became the deadliest mass shooting in the nation's modern history. (Steve Marcus/Las Vegas Sun via AP, File)
July 31, 2018 - 2:26 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The top FBI official in Nevada said his agency's report about the shooting last year that killed 58 people and injured hundreds on the Las Vegas Strip is in the finishing stages but won't be released until after the Oct. 1 anniversary. Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse said in a...
Read More
In this Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017, image taken from police body cam video released Wednesday, July 25, 2018, by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, an armed law enforcement official points his gun while searching for what authorities thought were multiple shooters inside and outside a Las Vegas Strip hotel, where a gunman firing from upper-floor windows killed 58 people and injured hundreds. (Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department via AP)
July 25, 2018 - 10:18 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — More police body camera footage made public Wednesday shows officers directing concertgoers to safety and searching for what they thought were multiple shooters inside and outside a Las Vegas Strip hotel where a gunman firing from upper-floor windows killed 58 people and injured...
Read More
Jason McMillan, 36, of Riverside, a Riverside County Sheriff's deputy who was shot and paralyzed in the Oct, 1, 2017, Las Vegas shooting, reacts as he talks about that evening and is upset MGM's decision, during a personal account brought together by attorneys at a news conference in Newport Beach, Calif., Monday, July 23, 2018. Behind McMillan are images of the shooting victims of the October 1, 2017 shooting. Victims of the fatal mass shooting at a Las Vegas country music festival are outraged they are being sued by MGM, which owns the hotel where the gunman opened fire. (AP Photo/Alex Gallardo)
July 23, 2018 - 9:31 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Victims of a mass shooting at a Las Vegas country music festival said Monday they were outraged when they learned they were being sued by the company that owns the hotel where the gunman opened fire. Jason McMillan, a 36-year-old Riverside County sheriff's deputy who...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 2, 2017 file photo, an American flag waves near a police barricade on the Las Vegas Strip with the MGM Grand hotel and casino in the background after a mass shooting in Las Vegas. The unprecedented move from MGM Resorts International to sue hundreds of victims of last year's mass shooting in Las Vegas using an obscure law never before tested in court has been framed by the casino-operator as an effort to avoid years of costly litigation, but the legal maneuver may not play out that way. (AP Photo/Ronda Churchill, File)
July 20, 2018 - 8:07 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The unprecedented move from MGM Resorts International to sue hundreds of victims of last year's mass shooting in Las Vegas using an obscure U.S. law never tested in court has been framed by the casino-operator as an effort to avoid years of costly litigation — but the legal...
Read More
FILE- In this Oct. 16, 2017, file photo, people visit a makeshift memorial for victims of the mass shooting in Las Vegas. Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval is being asked to serve as chairman of a committee to design, fund and build a memorial to the victims of the Oct. 1, 2017, attack on the Las Vegas Strip. The Clark County Commission agreed Tuesday, July 17, 2018, to extend the offer to the outgoing governor to head up the effort to pay tribute to the victims and the heroes who emerged from the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)
July 18, 2018 - 6:45 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas police released body camera footage Wednesday of officers finding a wounded security guard on the same floor of a Las Vegas hotel where a gunman opened fire on a country music festival. The footage released by Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department under a court order...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 3, 2015, file photo, a man rides his bike past the MGM Grand hotel and casino in Las Vegas. The operator of the Mandalay Bay casino-resort from which a gunman carried out the largest mass shooting in U.S. history has filed federal lawsuits against hundreds of victims. MGM Resorts International argues in lawsuits filed Friday, July 13, 2018 in Nevada and California that it is has “no liability of any kind” to the defendants under a federal law enacted in the wake of 9/11 terrorist attacks. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)
July 17, 2018 - 5:33 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — MGM Resorts International has sued hundreds of victims of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history in a bid to avoid liability for the gunfire that rained down from its Mandalay Bay casino-resort in Las Vegas. The company argues in lawsuits filed Friday in Nevada and...
Read More
July 17, 2018 - 1:55 pm
NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- The company that owns the Mandalay Bay hotel and the Route 91 Harvest festival venue, the sites of the Las Vegas mass shooting that killed 58 people in October, is suing more than 1,000 victims. MGM Resorts International claims that their security vendor took all necessary...
Read More
FILE- In this Oct. 3, 2017, file photo, FBI agents walk on the roof of boxes inside the concert grounds where a mass shooting occurred in Las Vegas. Police are set to release more information from the investigation into the deadliest mass shooting in the nation's modern history. The documents are the ninth batch released under court order in a media lawsuit. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)
July 03, 2018 - 8:10 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas police officer ducked gunfire and then teamed up with other authorities to rush a high-rise hotel where a gunman was spraying bullets onto a concert below, according to video released Tuesday from the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. "Get down! Go that...
Read More

Pages