Cuomo says he won't ban 'trick-or-treaters going door-to-door' this year

David Caplan
September 15, 2020 - 1:15 pm
Trick or treaters

Getty Images

Categories: 

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- The Greenwich Village Halloween Parade may be canceled this year, but some things will remain the same, despite the pandemic: Costume-clad children will be allowed to trick-or-treat, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday. 

"I would not ban trick-or-treaters going door-to-door," Cuomo said during a phone interview with News 12 Long Island. "I don't think that's appropriate. You have neighbors. If you want to go knock on your neighbors door, God bless you."

Cuomo's comments comes after Los Angeles last week issued health guidelines that banned trick-or-treating and other Halloween activities, but then walked back the decision a day later.

Cuomo added, "If you want to go for a walk with your child through the neighborhood, I'm not going to tell you, you can't take your child through the neighborhood. I'm not going to do that. I'll give you my advice and guidance, and then you will make the decision what you will do that night."