Police line

Dreamstime

Teen charged in Bronx sidewalk shooting

March 02, 2019 - 11:25 am

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) A 16-year-old is now facing attempted murder and other charges after police say he opened fire on a Bronx street earlier this month.

Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea says 16-year-old Edgar Garcia pulled out a weapon and started shooting on Gerard Avenue in the Concourse section of the Bronx on February 24.

No one was hit, but a half dozen people had to run for cover, including a little girl.

Shea says the incident stemmed from a dispute between two gangs.

Garcia is charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

The NYPD had released video footage of a man firing on the street.