Pizza file


Pizza shop staff accused of lacing coworker’s pie with laxative

April 23, 2019 - 2:05 pm

SPRINGTOWN, TX (1010 WINS) -- A worker at a Texas pizza restaurant was treated to an unexpected topping by a few of his colleagues -- Miralax.

Cops say workers at the restaurant put the laxative onto a pizza that a co-worker ate. Cops were tipped off when an employee at Mr. Jim's posted about the alleged incident on social media.


The worker who ate the pizza became sick, cops say. They say the workers who prepared the tainted pie claimed they didn't put any Miralax on pizza served to the public.

The city of Springfield health inspector was called in and Mr. Jim's had its health permit pulled.

KTVT reports an investigation is underway, but it's not yet known if the employees will face any charges.

Like 1010 WINS on Facebook and follow @1010WINS on Twitter to get breaking news, traffic, and weather for New York City.