Parents: Daycare didn’t call 911 after boy’s finger severed

January 06, 2019 - 4:22 pm
Categories: 

DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. (1010 WINS) – A Westchester daycare center could lose its license after a little boy nearly lost his finger.

The boy lost the tip of his finger when a door closed on his hand, but the staff at The Learning Experience in Dobbs Ferry never called 911.

Jeff Blank told CBS2 that his wife Kathy got the first good look at their son’s finger.

“She took the paper towel off and she saw his exposed bone and the top of his finger had been severed,” he said. “And they had it in a paper towel.”

The 21-month-old boy was rushed to a hospital, where he needed surgery to repair his finger.

State records show the facility had more than 60 violations last year.

The state suspended operations there temporarily, but it has since reopened.

Now state regulators are considering revoking the license.

A daycare center spokesman issued a statement, saying the staff member in charge of day-to-day operations has been fired.