PHOTOS: NJ mom alleges son suffered burns from 7-Eleven sanitizer spray

Kimberly Dole
March 10, 2020 - 8:25 am
Categories: 

RIVER VALE, N.J. (1010 WINS) -- Police are investigating after a spray sanitizer purchased at a 7-Eleven in New Jersey, allegedly caused a boy to suffer burns to his arms and legs.

Lauren Michele Gehm posted photos on Facebook of the first degree burns her son, Dylan, suffered after using the spray on Monday.

Photos showed Dylan's bright red arms and legs after using the spray that according to Gehm allegedly contained irritants.

Chemical compounds like Octyl decyl dimethyl ammonium chloride and Dioctyl dimethyl ammonium chloride were some of the ingredients listed on the bottle which, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, can cause severe skin burns.

River Vale officials seized all the remaining bottles and issued a safety alert over the items sold at the store.

According to Lieutenant John DeVoe the spray bottles were only sold at the River Vale 7-Eleven.

"While further investigation is underway, our first priority is to make the public aware that they should not use this item if they purchased it at the River Vale 7-Eleven," DeVoe said in a statement.

Like 1010 WINS on Facebook and follow @1010WINS on Twitter to get breaking news, traffic, and weather for New York City.