Nicki Minaj: 'I've decided to retire & have my family'

David Caplan
September 05, 2019 - 4:04 pm

FILE - In this Nov. 6, 2017 file photo, Nicki Minaj attends the 14th Annual CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund Gala in New York. Minaj says she’s canceling her appearance at the BET Experience Concert after the network tweeted about her and fellow rapper Cardi B.
Minaj said Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, on social media that she won’t perform at the concert or BET Awards. It comes after BET tweeted Sunday that Minaj was “being dragged by her lacefront” following Cardi B’s Grammy win for best rap album. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)

Categories: 

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- The Barbz -- that's what Nicki Minaj superfans call themselves -- are in disbelief.

"I’ve decided to retire & have my family," Minaj, 36, tweeted Thursday afternoon. "I know you guys are happy now. To my fans, keep reppin me, do it til da death of me, in the box- cuz ain’t nobody checkin me. Love you for LIFE."

Minaj's announcement was met with shock and cynicism from the Twittersphere. Some also questioned if her account was hacked. 

Rapper Young M.A. tweeted, "You must be hacked." 

1010 WINS has reached out to Minaj's rep at her record label for comment on the tweet.

It's not completely shocking if she was planning to start a family: She confirmed earlier this summer that she got a marriage license with boyfriend Kenneth Petty. 

And her fans have been speculating that she is pregnant.