© Press Association

George Foreman: 'Don't worry all is well' after accidental TX home fire

April 15, 2019 - 3:32 pm
Categories: 

HOUSTON, TX (1010 WINS/ AP) -- Authorities say there was an accidental fire inside a garage at the Texas home of former heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman.

According to reports, the blaze occured on Sunday night and damaged the garage and several vehicles, but caused no injuries.

A spokeswoman for the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office, Rachel Moreno, says the fire didn't spread beyond the garage.

Moreno said the fire started on a golf cart and smoke and water damaged some of the approximately 40 vehicles parked inside.

Foreman later tweeted, "Don't worry all is well." He thanked the firefighters who responded to his home in the Houston area.

The fire comes just more than a month after Foreman's daughter, Freeda Foreman, was found dead in her home in suburban Houston.

Like 1010 WINS on Facebook and follow @1010WINS on Twitter to get breaking news, traffic, and weather for New York City.