Juliet Papa

Fire Marshals Release Cause Of Harlem Movie Set Fire That Claimed Life Of Lt. Michael Davidson

May 08, 2018 - 6:50 pm
Categories: 

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Fire marshals have identified the cause of the Harlem fire that claimed the life of Lt. Michael Davidson in March.

The cause was heat from a boiler ventilation flue pipe that ignited combustible materials nearby in the cellar of the St. Nicholas Avenue building that housed a nightclub where the movie "Motherless Brooklyn" was being shot.  

The report also notes the building's sprinkler system on the floors above had been shut off and fire resistant materials had been removed from the first floor restaurant.  

Davidson wasn't able to get out of the basement after the fire broke out.  He was posthumously promoted to lieutenant.